Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Victorian trash on ThreadBanger


Browsing through TreadBanger (a site that 
spotlights DIY fashion projects) I came across 
one of my favorite tutorials on recycling clothing:  
How to make Victorian Trash outfits! This 
particular episode interviews Colleen Atwood on 
her experience as costume designer of the recent 
Sweeny Todd remake. At the end, our hosts teach 
us how to make a couple of great outfits including 
one of my Recycled Ruffle shirts for men! The 
host is actually wearing one of my shirts. He must
have found it at the HoneyPot here in Asheville...
and I should say he looks quite dashing in it!



These photos are from The Ingenerals fashion show

It was a great collaborative show 
I did with the fabulous Amanda Boekhout of
Elliott Elephant in August '07.
In this show, men's wear utilized all recycled 
elements and was greatly inspired by the 
Victorian aesthetic...
thus the idea of Victorian Trash!









No comments:

Post a Comment