Monday, April 23, 2012

studio spaces and things you might not know.

 Its hard to say that spring has officially hit appalachia--with flurries and temperatures in the 30's on our forecast--but its true!  I already have tan lines from epic dog walks, mowing the lawn, and some serious porch pimpin (gangsta' lingo courtesy of my Boo).  My tom's tan is already in full affect (if you don't know me and the brand of shoes that should just sponsor me already:  www.toms.com) and I've gone weeks without driving my truck.  (also, if you don't know: cold weather + moe = a variety of amazing and quite creative excuses to not ride my bike)
Last week I finally took all the plastic down from the studio and can fully enjoy the large amount of space I actually have again.  My studio is in an old converted warehouse building and the seasons are pretty harsh--ice box in the winter/sweatshop in the summer kind of climate.  I don't mind the sweatshop, as I'm convinced my past lives must have been spent toiling away in the Sahara somewhere, but the cold is a whole 'nother beast.  I made a plastic box of sorts around my sewing table to keep the space heater's warmth in--which in turn became an interesting experiment in sensory depravation.  (I'm glad its over--thats all I'm going to say about it.)
Now that my work environment has opened up, I've been daydreaming about ways to bring the outside in--and general upgrades I'd like to make to my space.  Also--my worker elves might finally arrive if I give them something to enjoy whilst taking a break.
Mini terrariums everywhere:


a classy bike rack:
you have no idea how many spools of thread I could fit on this shelf:
Lighting, lighting, everywhere.  More!!

sophisticated art:


this is actually wall paper!  I'd like to have multiple photo-booths set up for product shots--I really like the rustic feel of this:

and of course it would all be contained in this space...
always with my head in the clouds...


to give credit where credit is due, find the sources of my inspirations via pintrest: 
on my board titled 'studio spaces'
http://pinterest.com/heymissmoe/studio-spaces/


No comments:

Post a Comment